Job Title : Public Relation & Information Coordinator
Department : Tourism Unit
Responsible to : Manager, Tourism Unit
Official Duty Station : Majuro, Marshall Islands
Contract Term : 3_year with the option for renewal
Management of, including developing, collecting, recording, filing, updating,
distributing information related to tourism and investment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
>Assist marketing and Research officer for OCIT
>Establishing, maintaining and updating of information and information
databases (such as marketing and promotional photos and video, brochures and
websites, creating marketing videos of atolls/islands and activities online, attend
OCIT activities for video or photo recording
>Managing the overall organization of information (compiling & distributing),
including brochures, magazines and other periodicals, publications, books, reports
and other documents including promotional materials of RMI people and services
>Liaise and engage strongly with business sector and other non-government
activities for promotional activities
>Collection, compilation, production and distribution of standard periodic
(quarterly & annual) visitor arrival statistics tables;
>Assist in liaising with and coordination and facilitation of tourism and
investment initiatives and services with both internal and external persons and
>Partake and represent OCIT in investment and tourism initiatives
>Provide quality advice to Manager of Tourism Unit and Management Team
and colleagues on the needs and requirements of information and public relations.
>Perform related work as assigned
• Diploma or Associates Degree in Marketing or Public Relations or in
related field and/or equivalent work experience is essential
• Good Communication skills: Writing and Speaking in both Marshallese
• Excellent writing and Reporting skills
• Utilizes smart work practices
• Excellent Presentation skills
• At least 3-5 years of office experience or equivalent
• High level of initiative with the ability to think laterally and identify
• Strategic Thinking: The ability to come up with measures to maximize
marketing and public relations skills.
• Able to work overtime and on weekends
Job title: Chief Accountant
Department: Administration & Finance
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
1. ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW
Government established the Office of Commerce, Investment & Tourism (OCIT) recently to catalyze economic and social development, and to rapidly improve the economic and social conditions of the people of Marshall Islands. While the Corporation has a broad charter and wide ranging powers, it will focus its activities initially on significantly increasing investments, especially in export industries, in order to accelerate growth and create more jobs. It will concentrate on promoting opportunities in key industries and encourage the expansion of existing enterprises, and the establishment of new investments. OCIT is empowered to perform its functions alone or in conjunction with other government agencies and private enterprises.
2. JOB PURPOSE
Employees in this job complete or oversee in a variety of professional assignments involving the design, maintenance, and implementation of accounting systems; the systematic classification and assessment of accounting data; and the preparation of related managerial and financial reports.
3. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews and prepares financial statements and accounting reports for departmental management.
• Develops guidelines for the maintenance and reconciliation of financial data; maintains and reconciles financial control records for expenditures, allotments, receipts, and encumbrances.
• Conducts bank reconciliation
• Prepares quarterly budget report to CEO
• Designs, revises, and implements accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and theories.
• Conducts surveys to prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of accounting systems.
• Reviews budgets and prepares related budget documents.
• Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work.
• Performs related work as assigned.
4. KEY RESULT AREAS
• Achievement of set goals and targets in terms of reliable and correct info provided to CEO for removal of investment barriers and improving investment climate.
• Policies successfully developed and implemented by ensuring that CEO is fully supported on provision of well search development policy for increasing investment, expanding export, developing private sector & improving investment climate.
• Successful implementation of department projects & programs.
• Effective management of the department and achievement of program outputs.
• Positive image by stakeholders of the departments providing quality advice and service.
• Efficient management of allocated resources to achieve departmental goals.
• Quality of advice to CEO on matters pertaining to policies and measure to increase investment & export, develop private sector and improve business environment.
• Constructive and effective feedback to CEO as well as with other Managers and colleagues in OCIT.
5. LEVEL OF DELEGATION
• Manages departmentbudget
• Can sign standard letters on all operational issues, meetings and circulars.
6. PERSONAL SPECIFICATION
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Equivalent
• 5 – 10 years’ work experience in and accounting post or related field
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures and routine office supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of the application of data processing and terminology as it applies to maintaining financial control and accounting records.
• Knowledge of techniques commonly used in locating errors in accounting records.
• Knowledge of generally accepted auditing principles, procedures, and practices.
• Knowledge of cost accounting and cost funding procedures.
• Knowledge of governmental accounting and budgeting principles and procedures.
Job Title: Marketing & Research Officer
Department: Tourism Unit
Responsible to: Manager, Tourism Unit
Government established the Office of Commerce, Investment and Tourism (OCIT) to catalyze economic and social development, and to rapidly improve the economic and social conditions of the people of Marshall Islands. While the Corporation has a broad charter and wide ranging powers, it will focus its activities initially on significantly increasing investments, especially in export industries, in order to accelerate growth and create more jobs. It will concentrate on promoting opportunities in key industries and encourage the expansion of existing enterprises, and the establishment of new investments. OCIT is empowered to perform its functions alone or in conjunction with other government agencies and private enterprises.
To develop, promote, implement strategies and policies revolving around overall marketing and promotion of tourism in the RMI
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Production and distribution of promotional materials;
Organization and education/familiarization trips for media key travel trade personnel with the assistance of airlines and local travel trade for additional exposure;
Organization of tourism and the private sector’s participation in major tourism and travel fairs in identified priority markets along with local travel trade;
Servicing of travel inquiries from both consumers and overseas travel agents and tour operators;
Undertaking of sales promotional tours to key priority markets; and
To establish, maintain, develop and operate publicity and public relations in respect to travel to and within the RMI.
Develop popular support for tourism development through fostering public understanding and appreciation of tourism and its economic contribution including the preparation and implementation of a community awareness program;
Assist the Special Projects office in organize periodical cleaning and beautification campaigns with the assistance of local community leaders, relevant government ministries and agencies, local tourism stakeholders, and schools.
Assist the Information officer in collection, compilation, and distribution of tourism statistics;
Prepare quarterly and annual work plans and budgets for those areas for which he/she is responsible; and
Performs related work as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS
Quality of customer services rendered both internally and externally.
Ensure that information database are secure with proper back-up.
Effective management of allocated resources to assist executive goals.
Quality of advice to executives and colleagues on matters pertaining to tourism marketing and research needs.
Constructive and effective feedback to executives as well as with other colleagues at OCIT.
FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIP & RELATIONSHIP SKILLS
Officers of Government Departments
Managers of SOEs
Promotion & Media Agencies
Other department managers
Giving and receiving information, explaining things, liaising, facilitating, influencing and persuading, resolving conflict, and negotiating.
Courtesy, giving and receiving information, explaining things, advising, gaining co-operation, facilitating, influencing and persuading, resolving conflict, mediating, negotiating, supervising, and leading.
Note: The above performance requirements are provided as a guide only. The precise performance measures for this job will need further discussion with the board as part of the performance development process.
LEVEL OF DELEGATION
Can only sign sectional standard letters on all operational issues, meetings and circulars on Manager of Tourism Unit’s approval.
Degree in Economics, Business, Commerce, marketing or any related fields.
Knowledge and Experience
At least 3-years’ experience in a relevant position in tourism, investment & marketing policy & strategy development or related field
Strong experience in researching, analysis and formulation of investment and tourism strategies and policies
A sound working knowledge and deep appreciation of the investment and tourism challenges and realities of Pacific Island economies
Previous experience working in the Pacific regional and/or international environments
Key Skill/Attributes/Job Specific Competencies
Research skills: The ability to conduct research and analysis to identify policies and measures for the improvement of domestic investment and tourism climate and development of private sector
Policy and strategic Planning: Ability to formulate policies, measures & strategies for improving domestic investment climate and development of private sector
Investment: Specialized knowledge in investment issues locally, regionally and globally with strong economic and marketing background
Communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively, persuasively and appropriately in oral and written form, policies, measures and strategies to improve domestic investment climate as well as developed communication skills with the media
Results Orientation: Ability to focus on short and long term outcomes and ensure that the strategic goals determined and set forth for the department are met
Ethics and Transparency: Ability to understand and uphold the highest degree of ethical standards and maintain the integrity of the Corporation
Computer literacy: Well-versed and computer literate – ability to browse internet, use software applications such as word and excel to draw up reports and analyses
Well-developed oral and communication skills and the ability to positively influence others
High level of initiative with the ability to think laterally and identify innovative solutions
Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to the diverse needs in a multi-cultural environment
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Strong leadership skills committed to a consultative and open work environment
Focused on quality in every aspect
Utilizes smart work practices